Expert Sump Pump Repair and Replacement in Birmingham
You might not think about your sump pump until you need it. Then you hope it’s draining like it should so your Birmingham basement doesn’t sustain water damage.
Sump pumps can stop running for a couple of numerous reasons.
We’ve seen it all. If your pump isn’t draining properly, call the Experts at Norrell Service Experts to determine the problem.
We’ll examine your pump during our visit and provide you with preventive maintenance advice, so it won’t stop when you need it most.
Common Causes of Sump Pump Failure
Sump pumps can stop working for several different reasons:
- Power loss
- Lack of maintenance
- Too small of a unit
- Incorrect installation
- Switch trouble
- Frosted over or plugged discharge lines
- Age (average expectancy is 10 years)
Sump Pump Maintenance Checklist
There are a few easy things you can do to make sure your sump pump is set up for efficiency.
- Check that the cord is in decent shape.
- Plug it into a GFCI outlet in anticipation of power surges.
- Ensure the pump is straight and not leaning to one side, since this can cause the pump to not activate when called for.
- If the pump hasn’t recently run, pour a bucket of water into the pit to make sure the pump starts and pulls out the water efficiently.
- During drought-like conditions, pull out the sump pump and clean the grate on the bottom since it can get small stones in the grate over time.
- Confirm the discharge pipe’s vent hole isn’t plugged.
Trust Norrell Service Experts for Your Sump Pump Needs
Because your sump pump is a kind of security to defend your home from water damage, trust the Experts at Norrell Service Experts to verify yours is effective.
We’ve got the expertise—whether you need sump pump repair or sump pump replacement. Plus, all of our services are upheld by a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for a year.* Contact us at 205-267-0023 or schedule an appointment online.