End Expensive Water Leaks in Your Birmingham Home
An ordinary home squanders 2,000 to 20,000 gallons of water each year on account of leaks, according to the Alliance for Water Efficiency.
Dripping faucets and leaky water heaters aren’t difficult to find. But other leaks like toilet flapper valves or split water supply lines can go undetected for too long.
A water leak can be costly. You’re paying for surplus water you’re not using, and leaks can be destructive to your home.
That’s why it’s crucial to locate and repair the smallest leak.
Norrell Service Experts is here to help you accomplish just that. We have the knowledge for Expert leak detection and water line repair in Birmingham.
6 Signs You Might Have a Plumbing Leak
Locating and repairing leaks are the most common calls we receive for plumbing services. Repairing a leak ASAP can help you avoid expensive water damage. Some leaks may be trickier to spot than others, but there are a couple telltale signs that you need to call a plumber in Birmingham. Here are the top six:
- Your water bill is higher than average.
- Your pipes often make thumping sounds.
- There are reddish stains in your tub, or your water is rust colored.
- Floors or walls feel wet or soft.
- You spot water stains on the ceiling or walls.
- There’s moist soil or erosion by your house’s foundation.
How to Figure Out if You Have a Leak
If you believe you have a leak but can’t locate the evidence, check your water meter:
- Make sure no water is being used inside or outside your home.
- Check the leak indicator on your water meter. The indicator is typically a triangular dial or tiny silver disc. If the dial is spinning, you probably have a leak.
We can identify the point of the leak and get it fixed before you spend more money or potentially damage your home.
Common Places for Water Leaks
With all the places water is used in your home, there are many areas you could find a leak.
Leaks can be caused by cracked seals around water connectors, rusty pipes, obstructions and more.
They commonly are spotted:
- On water supply lines and connections below the kitchen sink
- In washing machines, especially kinds that are growing old
- In hot- and cold-water hoses plugged into your washing machine
If you find evidence of a leak, we can get things back to normal. Plus, we stand behind all of our work with a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for a year.* Contact us at 205-267-0023 or request an appointment online.