What is carbon monoxide?
Carbon monoxide (CO) is an invisible, odorless and tasteless gas. It’s made by incomplete fuel combustion often caused by not enough oxygen. In your residence, appliances that rely on natural gas, charcoal, wood or kerosene are vulnerable. Especially if they are not running accurately or have been installed incorrectly.
Vehicle exhaust fumes from neighboring garages, as well as poorly operating fireplaces can also produce carbon monoxide. CO is toxic to the body and is fatal at increased levels or with extended exposure.