Prevention is the most critical place to begin. Taking proper safety precautions will decrease your chances of carbon monoxide poisoning in Birmingham.
Here are several steps you can take to keep your family safe:
- Warm up your car out of your garage. Cars are a significant source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so don’t leave yours running in the small space of a garage. The same is true for gas equipment including lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t run ovens or grills as heating sources. These appliances are safe when operated right but can produce carbon monoxide when on for a long period of time in little spaces.
- Don’t use a gas generator indoors, because it creates fumes.
- Have your chimney checked by a specialist. This ensures chimneys and vents aren’t clogged and connected properly.
- Check gas appliances are running properly, particularly your heater. You can make sure you’re getting efficient, safe operation by requesting yearly furnace maintenance with Norrell Service Experts.