Hassle-Free Boiler Repair and Replacement in Birmingham
When a boiler system is running properly, it can be a good way to warm your home in Birmingham. But if you have a boiler breakdown, it can be hard to fix yourself.
When you need boiler service, boiler repair, boiler replacement or boiler installation, Norrell Service Experts has you covered. We also can work on any model of boiler.
We’ll deliver Expert service for your heating system that you won’t find anywhere else. Our specialists are ACE certified, meaning they are among the finest in the industry. You can have confidence in their knowledge to repair and install boilers.
At Norrell Service Experts, we believe in delivering outstanding work that we back with our one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.*
Common Boiler Problems
Here are some typical problems you might have with hot water and steam boilers. While you may be able to fix a few of these issues yourself, you may need a professional from Norrell Service Experts for more complicated heat repair or a nasty boiler breakdown.
- Thermostat isn’t accurate. Ensure that it’s set to “on” and the right settings. Otherwise, your thermostat may need to be replaced.
- No heat. Worn-out parts, thermostat problems or low water levels could be to blame.
- Leaking or dripping. Often caused by a malfunctioning internal part, worn-out seal or rust.
- Banging, whistling or gurgling sounds. Air in the system, low water pressure or looming part failure can make these noises.
- Rumbling or kettling noise. Reduced water flow due to lime and sludge buildup in the heat exchanger. This causes water to overheat and boil.
- Pilot light is out. Caused by a broken thermocouple, draft or built-up deposit. Natural gas could also be turned off.
- Pressure is too low. Water could be leaking, or a pressure valve may need to be swapped out. Can also be caused by radiators that have been bled recently.
- Condensate pipe is frozen. This pipe runs outside, so there is a threat of freezing. Thaw it by pouring warm water over it.
- Radiators aren’t getting hot. Caused by sludge or air buildup in the system.
- Boiler keeps turning itself off. Could be caused by a number of issues: low water pressure, thermostat issue, closed valve causing low water flow, air or pump not circulating water correctly.
Not scheduling annual maintenance can often contribute to boiler breakdowns. Norrell Service Experts can help you choose a plan that could help you avoid pricey repairs—and may enhance your boiler’s efficiency.
Repair or Replace Your Boiler?
There are a few things to think over whether you should repair or replace your central heating system:
Norrell Service Experts can help you decide the right option for you. We’ll pay attention to your boiler’s age, the cost to repair it and how much you could save with a more efficient system.
Some of the most efficient systems carry an ENERGY STAR® rating. Plus features that eliminate the need for a pilot light, draw more heat from fuel and improve safety.