Your HVAC system is the key to a comfortable home and indoor air quality. The furnace and air conditioner work tirelessly in the background, heating, cooling, controlling the humidity and filtering your home's indoor air. Lots of homeowners take these functions for granted until they're suddenly left without them. If your air conditioning has ever malfunctioned on a scorching summer day, or the furnace has failed during a blizzard, you understand what this is like firsthand.
No homeowner wants to deal with urgent repairs, higher energy bills or home comfort problems. What if there was a way to ensure an uninterrupted source of clean, climate controlled air when you want it most?
That’s where preventive HVAC maintenance comes in. Like getting an oil change for your car, routine tune-ups are vital for keeping your HVAC system in good shape. And to get the maximum from each maintenance visit, you should look into applying for an HVAC maintenance contract.
This plan is an arrangement between you and an HVAC contractor. Membership takes the uncertainty out of HVAC service by delivering routine maintenance, savings on repair work between scheduled visits and other advantages. An HVAC maintenance contract isn't mandatory to schedule tune-ups with Norrell Service Experts, but we highly recommend registering. Here are six reasons why.
1. Built-In Reminders to Schedule HVAC Maintenance
Life gets hectic, so people often forget about requesting furnace maintenance for the fall and air conditioning maintenance before the spring. With an HVAC membership, you’ll be sent scheduled reminders to get an appointment on your calendar. If you’re unfamiliar with why HVAC maintenance is so beneficial, check out these benefits:
- Expose smaller problems right away: Issues with your home comfort system tend to develop gradually. When a technician checks the internal components once a year, it’s possible to locate and take care of smaller problems before they grow to be big headaches.
- Lower the risk of breakdowns: By tightening that loose fan belt and evening out the off-kilter blower motor during a maintenance visit, the risk of a mid-season breakdown goes down.
- Lower repair costs: Scheduled HVAC maintenance is an affordable, expected cost that reduces the need for many major repairs.
- Increase energy efficiency: The Department of Energy reports that once-a-year maintenance can increase HVAC efficiency by up to 30%, reducing your heating and cooling bills simultaneously.
- Increase home comfort: When your home comfort system operates the way it is supposed to, airflow improves for pleasant temperatures and more manageable humidity throughout the house.
- Lengthen the system’s life span: A clean, tuned-up, well-lubricated HVAC system can survive for years longer versus a neglected one, saving you on untimely replacement expenses.
- Ensure safety: An equipment and safety inspection during every visit grants peace of mind that your HVAC system is running safely.
- Adhere to your warranty: Most HVAC manufacturers prioritize preventive maintenance to such a degree that they require annual tune-ups to keep your warranty in good standing. Investing a little in upkeep now protects you from costly repairs that your warranty will cover.
2. Priority Service
Having an HVAC maintenance plan puts you at the front of the line when you request an emergency repair. You can usually count on same-day service—even on nights, weekends and holidays—thanks to 24/7/365 guaranteed priority service for members.
3. Priority Install
Planning on replacing your heating and cooling system? An HVAC maintenance plan gives you access to the fastest installs possible, even during the most hectic weeks.
4. Marked Down Repairs and Services
Regular maintenance lowers the need for repair calls, but if your system needs some attention, having an HVAC maintenance plan entitles you to a 15% discount. You’ll also receive 15% off indoor air quality products, like pleated filters, whole-house humidifiers and charged media air cleaners.
5. No Trip Charge
HVAC repairs are occasionally necessary, but they can get costly fast. Fortunately, with an HVAC membership, you’ll never be expected to pay trip charges or overtime fees, even for emergency and after-hour visits.
6. Repair Guarantee
How can you ensure the technician has executed a job well done? Put your mind at ease with a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all repairs and installations for one year. If the work leaves you dissatisfied, your technician will return to set things right.
Enroll in an HVAC Maintenance Contract
Norrell Service Experts offers three HVAC membership levels: Priority+™, Maintenance+™ and the Service Experts Advantage™ Program. Check out what each plan offers and work with our staff to help you figure out the best plan for your needs and budget. We’re happy to answer any questions you have before signing up. For more details about our HVAC maintenance contracts or to schedule a tune-up, please contact your local Norrell Service Experts office today.