When you turn the faucet on your kitchen or bathroom sink, you expect clean, safe water to flow out. But even if your water seems clear, it may still be hiding toxic chemicals that present a risk to your family’s health and well-being. A lot of people do not like the taste of tainted tap water and recognize the consequences of drinking it. That’s why half of all American homes use either a home water treatment system (32 percent) or bottled water (18 percent) to make sure they have healthy drinking water at home.
If you want to ensure your family’s health, you might first opt for trying the bottled water approach. But of course, this gets pricey fast. Plus, plastic water bottles that don’t get recycled end up contaminating the world’s waterways, causing harm to the environment and hurting marine life.
Setting up a whole-house water filtration system is more practical and cleaner for the environment than buying bottled water. It can also supply healthier water more conveniently because you can get it right from the tap. What's more, whole-house systems send purified water to your showers, tubs and plumbing fixtures, enabling you to capitalize on the benefits wherever you use water in your home.
Before putting in a whole-house water filtration system, learn about what’s in your drinking water and how a Filtermax™ Superior Chemical Removal Filter can filter out hazardous contaminants. Then, get in touch with Norrell Service Experts to help you choose and install the best water filter for you.
What’s in Your Water Supply?
Water quality may differ by location, but some of the most common contaminants are:
- Heavy metals
- Industrial chemicals
- Disinfection byproducts (DBPs)
Learn what may be in your home's tap water by entering your ZIP Code into the Environmental Working Group’s drinking water quality database. EWG records show that greater than 80 percent of utility water supplies in North America at one point tested positive for carcinogenic chemicals, illustrating that lawful water quality levels aren't necessarily safe.
Consider Installing a Filtermax Water Filtration System
The Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter eliminates dirt, debris and harmful chemicals from your tap, providing you and your family with safe, sparkling water to enjoy. Here are the advantages of this system:
- Sediment filtration: Cloudiness is a common sign of sediment in your drinking water. Composed of silt, sand, rust or clay, sediment naturally occurs and can accumulate in the water main soon after severe storms. While largely harmless, sediment makes your drinking water look and taste unpleasant. Filtermax includes sediment filtration to filter out solids from your drinking water.
- Chlorine removal: Chlorine is the key to clean drinking water in urban settings. Sadly, this disinfectant can generate hazardous chemical byproducts when it mixes with naturally occurring organic and inorganic materials in the water. Certain DPBs, like trihalomethanes (THMs), are shown to cause cancer. Filtermax eliminates these carcinogens to keep your family safe.
- Safer, cleaner, better-tasting water: Ensuring safe tap water is the objective of adding putting in any water filtration solution. Besides being healthier for your family to drink, filtered water also smells, tastes and looks better. No more lasting metallic or musty odors. No more earthy or chlorine flavor. No more muddy water swirling around your glass. Just clean-tasting, odorless, crystal-clear water.
- Filtered water to every tap: Toxic chemicals don’t just affect you when ingested—they also absorb into your skin when you shower and cling to your clothing and dishes as you wash them. That’s why a whole-house filtration system is so worthwhile because it provides clean water from every tap.
- No operating expenses or squandered water: Some whole-house filtration systems increase your electric bills. Others increase your water bills with automatic backwashing and flushing. Filtermax demonstrates that healthy water doesn’t have to come with steeper utility costs.
- Flow-through distributor: Depending on your plumbing system’s setup, you could need an upflow or downflow water filter. The Filtermax™ flow-through distributor features both designs to cater to your needs.
- 20-year manufacturer warranty: This is one of the best warranties in the water treatment equipment industry! With this coverage, you know your investment will keep providing clean, quality drinking water for many years to come.
Install a Whole-House Water Filter in Your Home
At Norrell Service Experts, we install several types of water filtration systems from Excalibur, including the Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter. Whether you’re trying to scale back water hardness, clear out bacteria or remove dangerous chemicals, you’ll find the ideal solution for you from Excalibur. Installation is fast, easy and backed by our 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. Get in contact with your local Norrell Service Experts office for help finding a water filtration system that fits your needs and budget.