Air conditioners don’t run for a lifetime, no matter the brand or quality. If you’re prepping for air conditioning replacement in Birmingham, you could be considering—should you also book furnace replacement too? It differs based on your situation.
Here are several aspects to consider, in addition to the advantages of not having a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Things to Ask When Thinking Over Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are key questions to answer in advance of making your decision:
- When was your furnace installed? Furnaces can run up to 20 years, while air conditioners last for about 15 years. If your furnace is past a 15 years old, we recommend replacing it with your air conditioner. If it’s much less than 15 years old than this, you can likely hold on it.
- What model of air conditioner are you getting? Lots of homeowners are getting rid of their outdated, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed upgrades. This saves energy and maximizes comfort by operating at varying speeds. Air conditioners depend on the furnace blower to move air. So, if you use a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to get a new one to enjoy the full comfort and benefits of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace deliver the appropriate air flow? Your furnace needs to deliver the right amount of air to keep your house comfortable. An updated air conditioner may call for a different indoor coil. So, it’s essential your furnace is appropriately sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, such as one from Norrell Service Experts, can estimate that static pressure of your system and offer the correct recommendation.
- Is the installation tricky? You’ll make it easier on your Expert and your wallet if you install both units at the same time.
Why You Should Replace Your Furnace and Air Conditioner Together
If your furnace and air conditioner work together and are properly sized, there aren’t often any large imminent consequences. A mismatched setup is frequently a stopgap until the other system fails. You can skip the short-term patch by replacing your furnace and air conditioner together. And, you’ll reap these perks:
- Improved efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll ensure everything operates at the greatest efficiency, making your house comfier and lowering your yearly utility costs.
- Decreased HVAC repairs: If you put in new AC but keep the old furnace, you never know when it may stop working for good. In the interim, you’ll pay for repairs that could have covered a modern furnace.
- Likely discounts: You can spend less on labor by having both installed at the same time. And you might even be authorized for a discount as you’re bundling new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to upgrade your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, get in touch with Norrell Service Experts. We realize the expense of replacing your total system can stress you out, so we’ll make your investment economical through special discounts or our stress-free Advantage Program™. You can receive a new, high-efficiency unit at no money down and merely one reasonable monthly price. And all maintenance and repairs down the road are included!*
You can relax knowing that our team is highly trained, experienced and NATE-certified to ensure a job done right the first time. Plus, we offer a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 205-267-0023 to schedule an HVAC installation estimate right away!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.