Air conditioners don’t run for a lifetime, regardless of the brand or quality. If you’re prepping for air conditioning replacement too? It differs based on your situation.
Here are several factors to consider, plus the advantages of not having a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Points to Ask When Thinking Over Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are key questions to answer in advance of making your decision:
- When was your furnace installed? Furnaces can work up to 20 years, while air conditioners last for about 15 years. If your furnace is more than a 15 years old, we recommend replacing it with your air conditioner. If it was installed earlier than this, you can likely hold on it.
- What model of air conditioner are you getting? A lot of homeowners are getting rid of their dated, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed styles. This saves energy and maximizes comfort by working at several speeds. Air conditioners depend on the furnace blower to move air. So, if you rely on a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to install a new one to enjoy the full comfort and benefits of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace give the appropriate air flow? Your furnace needs to deliver the right amount of air to keep your residence comfortable. An updated air conditioner may need a different indoor coil. So, it’s important your furnace is appropriately sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, for instance one from Norrell Service Experts, can estimate that static pressure of your system and offer the proper recommendation.
- Is the installation difficult? You’ll make it easier on your Expert and your bank account if you get new systems at the same time.
Why You Should Get a New Furnace and Air Conditioner Simultaneously
If your furnace and air conditioner work together and are properly sized, there aren’t typically any large imminent drawbacks. A mismatched setup is frequently a stopgap until the other system fails. You can skip the short-term patch by replacing your furnace and air conditioner together. And, you’ll reap these perks:
- Improved efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll ensure everything operates at the greatest efficiency, making your house cozier and lowering your yearly heating and cooling costs.
- Decreased HVAC repairs: If you install a new AC but keep the old furnace, you never know when it could malfunction for good. In the interim, you’ll pay for repairs that could have gone toward a modern furnace.
- Likely discounts: You can pay less for labor by having both installed at the same time. And you might even be authorized for a special deal since you’re getting new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to upgrade your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, you can rely on Norrell Service Experts. We realize the price of replacing your total system can stress you out, so we’ll make your investment economical through special discounts or our headache-free Advantage Program™. You can enjoy a new, high-efficiency unit at no money down and simply one reasonable monthly price. And all maintenance and repairs later on are included!*
You can feel good knowing that our team is highly trained, experienced and ACE-certified to ensure a job done right the first time. Plus, we offer a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 205-267-0023 to schedule an HVAC installation estimate now!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.