Summer is typically a crazy time of year for many families in Birmingham. Whether it’s a family reunion, a long vacation or any host of other outdoor activities, summer not only brings about full schedules, but that dreaded Birmingham heat as well.
We know you’ve already handled all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs well in advance of summer, so what else can you do to stay cool during those days where you can’t get away to an air conditioned oasis? Health Canada has five suggestions:
Spending time outdoors is what summer is all about, but staying safe in the Birmingham heat is a requirement. And when you do finally make it back to air conditioning, make sure you’ve taken care of all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs so you never have to worry about it breaking down in the heat of the summer. Give Norrell Service Experts a call at 205-267-0023 or set up an appointment online if you have any questions about potential AC repair or how you can make certain that your air conditioner is working at its peak in the Birmingham heat.
- Stay in air conditioning as much as you can. Of course, outdoor activities make this tough, but if you are able to take a short break and utilize an air conditioned building at a park or a vehicle’s air conditioning, do so.
- Drink plenty of fluids. Sip on your drink even if you don't feel thirsty, as thirst can be an early sign of dehydration. If you begin having muscle cramps, take a breather as it can also be an early warning of dehydration or another heat-related illness.
- Take precautions when scheduling outdoor activities. Any kind of workout or athletic practices should be done earlier or later in the day when the Birmingham temperatures are more tolerable.
- Dress to stay cooler in hot temperatures. Light-colored, lightweight and loose-fitting clothing are your best options.
- Keep your shower or bath a little cooler than typical. It can help you cool down a little faster so you can get back to reveling in your home’s air conditioning.