Whether you add a sunroom, family room or other addition to your house, being cozy in your new area year-round is a priority. However, they can make a unique problem for comfort. This is since adding ductwork is pricey. And that your heating and cooling system may not be deal with the higher load, because it was sized without including the addition.
One of the most reasonably priced possibilities is to install a mini-split. This system delivers energy-efficient heating and cooling, with no ductwork required. Find out more about mini-splits and how getting one for your addition could be a fantastic fit.
All About Mini-Splits and How They Operate
A ductless mini-split, since they’re nearly identical to ducted heat pumps that have been used in southern climates for decades.
Heat pumps are highly energy efficient as they transfer heat to make your addition more comfortable. In reality, many have reached ENERGY STAR® certification, which can make you eligible for extra rebates and decrease your energy expenses for years to come.
Another special feature involves zoned heating and cooling. Because each room often has its own indoor unit, you can choose your preferred temperature from room to room. As an instance, a mini-split AC is particularly beneficial if you have a area with special temperature needs, like a home gym.
Why a Mini-Split is Worth It for Your Room
Installing a mini-split system is worth it for areas that lack ductwork. Here are a few reasons why it’s smarter than extending ductwork and using your current heating and cooling system.
- Adding ductwork is pricey. Installing ductwork in your new addition can add up quickly. Although the exact cost will depend on your home, it be as much as thousands of dollars.
- Your existing home comfort system could become overwhelmed. When your current heating and cooling system was put in, it was based on the square footage of your home in advance of the addition. This may overwork your system and make it wear down more quickly.
- Your comfort could decrease. Since your heating and cooling system is sized for precise square footage, your comfort may suffer if your system is required to take care of a larger location. Your heating and cooling may be less effective, and your energy bills may get more expensive due to the system needing to operate more often.
What Size Mini-Split You Should Get
Like more common systems, mini-splits are offered in varying sizes based on the square footage they’ll be heating and cooling. Here are three of the most popular sizes:
- 400-650 square feet – 12,000 BTU mini-split
- 600-1,000 square feet – 18,000 BTU mini-split
- 800-1,300 square feet – 24,000 BTU mini-split
When you collaborate our Experts at Norrell Service Experts, we’ll help you choose the correct size for your new area. And your price point.
An ENERGY STAR mini-split unit can create huge energy savings over its lifetime, which can be 20 years or greater when adequately serviced. ENERGY STAR says installing one can save you 60% on heating and 30% on cooling, when compared to an electric heating system and conventional air conditioner.
Trust Norrell Service Experts for Your Mini-Split Installation
From addressing all your questions and helping you select the ideal model to delivering Expert mini-split installation, Norrell Service Experts can take care of all your mini-split needs. If you’re considering a home addition or recently wrapped one up, we can help. Contact us at 205-267-0023 right away to request a free consultation and estimate.