Imagine it’s a sweltering hot summer day, and your air conditioner quits out of the blue. You call around for emergency AC repair, but the temperature keeps rising while you wait for a technician to arrive. What a disaster!
Routine air conditioner maintenance is the key to preventing this situation. But how can you tell when it’s time for a maintenance call? And, is it really worth setting up an appointment if your air conditioner doesn’t appear to have any problems at all? Find out why taking a proactive approach is the answer to keeping you and your AC unit easily producing cool air even on the hottest days.
How Often Should You Service Your AC?
To keep your air conditioner functioning efficiently, HVAC Experts recommend servicing it at least once per year. Annual cooling maintenance ensures your AC unit stays in optimal condition, avoiding potential concerns and lengthening its life span.
As for when to schedule air conditioner maintenance, spring is the ideal time of year. This enables you to fix potential issues before the summer heat arrives, ensuring your air conditioner runs smoothly throughout the whole summer.
However, if spring has come and gone, and you didn't have time to schedule AC service, don’t wait until next year. When it comes to maximizing cooling abilities in your AC unit with preventive maintenance, it’s better to give your system a checkup whenever you can.
What Does AC Service Entail?
An air conditioning tune-up is a comprehensive process involving a variety of steps. This is why DIY repair is not suggested. Here are some key elements of the work you can expect to be done during a routine service call:
- Complete inspection: The technician looks over your air conditioner for potential issues53 or areas requiring attention.
- Cleaning: The HVAC specialist uses specialized tools and proven techniques to clean the condenser coil, evaporator coil, condensate drain line and other hardware to make sure that your system runs efficiently.
- Lubrication and tightening: Moving parts are lubricated to decrease friction and protect against wear and tear. Then, electrical connections are tightened to promote safe equipment operation.
- Filter replacement: Changing the filter improves air quality and helps the unit run more effectively. HVAC professionals advise doing this yourself every couple of months to maintain proper airflow.
- System test: Before deeming the job complete, your cooling specialist will run a test cycle to make sure the system turns on, operates and shuts down the way it should.
Benefits of Routine Air Conditioner Service
Many property owners wonder if routine maintenance is worth all the hype. The fact is, routine air conditioner tune-ups encourage better performance and home comfort. Some key benefits include:
- Increased energy efficiency: A well-maintained AC unit requires less electricity to keep your home cool, leading to lower utility expenses and a smaller carbon footprint.
- Lower repair costs: It’s simple to spot potential issues early when a technician thoroughly inspects your air conditioning every spring. An easy repair, like replacing a fraying fan belt, helps you avoid pricey and inconvenient breakdowns during the hot months.
- Increased air quality: A clean air conditioning system leads to better air circulation and fewer airborne allergens for a healthier living environment.
- Extended equipment life: Like getting routine oil changes to help your car run longer, annual AC service extends the life of your air conditioning system, saving you on premature replacement costs.
How Much Does AC Service Cost?
Routine maintenance isn’t a free service, but you should think of it as an investment, not an expense expenditure. After all, regular servicing helps you save on utility costs, complicated and expensive repairs or the cost of buying a new system.
To increase your savings, give some thought to enrolling in a maintenance plan from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning. For just one low monthly fee, you’ll decrease the risk of breakdowns and improve energy efficiency for year-round savings. Choose from three different plans to accommodate your needs and spending plan. You’ll get several perks no matter which one you choose, including:
- Regular tune-ups: Our maintenance plans cover once-a-year AC tune-ups, ensuring your system continues to operate in peak condition.
- Priority service: Members go to the front of the line when scheduling appointments, even during peak call volumes.
- Discounts: Save 15% on repairs and services, and additional discounts on new equipment.
- Repair guarantee: For your peace of mind, we guarantee the quality of our repairs for one year.
Schedule Air Conditioner Service in North America
Plainly, routine AC maintenance is very important for increasing performance and providing home comfort. Schedule a yearly visit, ideally in the spring, to avoid breakdowns and appreciate numerous other benefits of a well-maintained air conditioner.
As for choosing a company to perform the work, Service Experts stands out as a top choice, with qualified professionals, comprehensive maintenance plans and a commitment to customer satisfaction. Trust your air conditioner maintenance to the Experts, and you’ll keep your home cool and comfortable during even the hottest months. To learn more or plan your next AC tune-up, please contact a Service Experts office near you today.