How Do You Check for Carbon Monoxide?

There are a lot of fumes that could be inside your Birmingham house. Natural gas and vapors that derive from home furnishings, carpet and paints. Not one of them are as hazardous as carbon monoxide.

Call Norrell Service Experts at 205-267-0023 now to start protecting your house against this dangerous gas.

Why is Carbon Monoxide so Dangerous?

Carbon monoxide could be a serious issue, so it’s not a matter to mess around with.

1. You Can’t See It

Carbon monoxide is hazardous because you cannot observe it, detect it with your nose or detect it with your taste buds. It’s nonirritating in low concentrations and can’t be filtered.

2. It Can Be Deadly in Just a Few Minutes

Carbon monoxide is a side effect of burnt fuel. It can creep into your house during cold weather if the heat exchanger on your gas furnace cracks. Depending on how considerable the leak is and the circulation in a home, it could become lethal in within minutes.

Once taken in, the gas has a half-life of approximately five hours. If you are taking in pure air, it requires five hours to remove it from your system. It will take another five hours to cut that amount by half.

3. Carbon Monoxide Reaction Can Mirror Other Illnesses

It could also mirror conditions that can be mistaken as the flu, viral infections and chronic fatigue syndrome, among other conditions.

How to Protect Your Home from Carbon Monoxide

There’s no justification to gamble with carbon monoxide poisoning.

Here are some precautions you can take to keep your house safe:

  1. Every house with at least one natural gas appliance, adjoined garage or fireplace needs to have a carbon monoxide alarm. You need to have a detector on every level of your residence, on top of the basement and garage. You also need to install one inside or outside of all bedrooms. Don’t have a carbon monoxide system in your home?
    Call Norrell Service Experts at 205-267-0023 to buy one. Ask our specialists about our economical Wi-Fi carbon monoxide alarms.
  2. If you presently have a carbon monoxide detector, regularly look at or put in new batteries. You should test batteries every season, and get a new detector every three to five years.
  3. If your carbon monoxide system goes off, get out of your residence right away and phone 911.

Keep Your Family Safe with Help from Norrell Service Experts

Carbon monoxide doesn’t have to be terrifying, and with the proper steps your house can be protected from the hazardous gas. Make the proper changes and call Norrell Service Experts at 205-267-0023 to learn more.