No matter what the temperature outside, the temperature within your home influences how comfortable your family will feel. Set it just right and your home will seem like a nice escape from it all. But if your climate control system isn’t operating correctly, you’ll feel it. And it won’t be pleasant.
Take time to take an in-depth look at the way you’re handling your home comfort system. It could make the difference between a strong system or a pathetic performer. Work through this quick quiz from Service Experts to figure out where you stand.
- The warm season is coming up fast. How do you prepare your system?
- Swap out the HVAC filter and clean the vents. Then it’s good to go.
- Call in the Experts for a seasonal tune-up.
- Nothing at all. It will be fine.
- You’re hosting an event on a scorching night, but the AC isn’t cooling your space. What’s your solution?
- Tell my visitors to bring icy beverages.
- Book an emergency repair to get it working before anyone arrives.
- Plug in my fans and hope for a cool breeze.
- Your current HVAC is pretty old. What’s your plan when it’s time for it to retire?
- Let my contractor pick one out and pay for it with a credit card.
- Manage worries and costs by subscribing to a monthly home comfort subscription.
- Install the most expensive system currently available.
- When you get your next monthly utility bill, what do you suppose you’ll find?
- It will will cost more. My HVAC costs have skyrocketed.
- It will be comparable to the cost for the same month last year.
- I can’t know for certain until I read it. Some bills aren’t bad, but others are a surprise.
- Your HVAC system is making a funny noise. What’s your next step?
- Grab my toolbox and devote a weekend attempting to fix it.
- Call a skilled technician to take a look.
- Ignore it and hope it ends.
Time to check your results. If you answered mostly Bs, your HVAC habits are right on. You’re taking care of your system and you prepared a plan for your future replacement. But if you replied to any of these scenarios with As or Cs, you should make some changes to help your equipment perform more efficiently. Read below to discover how.
New HVAC Habits to Help Out Your Wallet
Schedule Seasonal Maintenance While swapping out your air filter and cleaning your vents are critical tasks to ready your system for a season change, a professional maintenance visit is necessary to finish the process. During a maintenance visit, your pro technician will handle a series of tasks that help out the energy efficiency of your machine. And while they’re around, your HVAC technician will keep an eye out for more significant complications for your HVAC. That could save you a costly breakdown in the future.
Find an HVAC company that offers emergency repairs. Even precisely maintained HVAC systems can have problems sometimes. And it always seems to crop up at the worst times. A company with 24/7 emergency service can save you the headache and distress. The Service Experts Advantage Program provides that vital service to homes at no other cost.
Make a plan for your HVAC system upgrade. Some home comfort systems can last for 10 to 15 years, but they won’t last forever. Make a plan now to avoid last-minute pressure when your system takes its final bow. The Service Experts Advantage Program™ can be of assistance. It brings you a new high-efficiency HVAC system with no up-front costs. As an added bonus, the program also has free maintenance and repairs.
Keep track of your monthly energy bills and take note when they radically change. Your electricity bills can tell you more than your monthly costs. If you’re noticing a steady climb in your charges but no difference in home comfort, something is definitely happening with your equipment. A new high-efficiency system can offer you peace of mind with more reliable energy usage—and that means fewer surprises on your bill.
Act when you detect a weird noise from your HVAC system. That noise is more than aggravating. It demonstrates something is amiss with your machinery. Even if it’s a seemingly small trouble, left without professional help it could make for an costly repair later on. Don’t try to work on it yourself. Leave it to the pros to check out and set it right.
Your HVAC can cost you quite a bit when you don’t maintain it. If you apply these tips, you could save time, additional costs and frustration. And if your system just isn’t doing its job anymore, consider choosing one through the Service Experts Advantage Program. It can find you a new energy-efficient system with no up-front costs and free maintenance and repairs.
To discover more, give us a call or schedule an appointment online. We’re happy to help!