No matter what the elements outside in Birmingham, the temperature within your home influences how comfortable your family will be. Set it just right and your home will feel like a nice escape from it all. But if your climate control system isn’t operating correctly, you’ll feel it. And it won’t be pleasant.
Take time for a detailed look at the way you’re managing your home comfort system. It could make the difference between a steady system or a pathetic performer. Start this short quiz from Norrell Service Experts to figure out where you stand.
- The warm season is not far away in Birmingham. How do you prepare your AC?
- Swap out the HVAC filter and clean the vents. Then it’s good to go.
- Call in the Experts for a seasonal tune-up.
- Nothing at all. It should be fine.
- You’re having an event on a scorching night, but the AC isn’t doing anything. What’s your solution?
- Tell my visitors to bring chilled beverages.
- Organize an emergency repair to get it working before the party starts.
- Plug in my fans and hope for a nice breeze.
- Your current HVAC is pretty old. What will you do when it’s time for it to retire?
- Have my contractor to pick one out and pay for it with a credit card.
- Manage worries and costs by subscribing to a monthly home comfort subscription.
- Install the most costly system currently available in Birmingham.
- When you get your next monthly utility bill, what do you think you’ll find?
- It will cost more. My HVAC costs have skyrocketed.
- It will be comparable to the cost for the same month last year.
- I can’t know for certain until I read it. Some months aren’t bad, but others are shocking.
- Your home comfort system is making a funny noise. What’s your next step?
- Grab my toolbox and devote a weekend attempting to fix it.
- Bring in a skilled technician to examine it.
- Ignore it and hope it ends.
Get ready to check your results. If you answered mostly Bs, your home comfort practices are right on. You’re taking care of your system and you prepared a plan for your future replacement. But if you answered any of these questions with As or Cs, you should make some changes to help your system perform better. Read on to discover how.
New HVAC Habits to Help Out Your Wallet
Schedule Seasonal Maintenance While swapping out your air filter and cleaning your vents are critical tasks to prep your system for a season change, a professional tune-up is necessary to finish the process. During a regular maintenance visit, your pro technician will handle a series of tasks that maximize the energy efficiency Expert will look out for more significant complications for your HVAC. That could save you a costly breakdown later in the season.
Select an HVAC company that offers emergency repairs. Even precisely maintained home comfort systems can have trouble sometimes. And it always seems to crop up at the most inconvenient times. A company with 24/7 emergency service can save you the headache and discomfort. The Service Experts Advantage Program gives that crucial service to homes at no other cost.
Devise a plan for your HVAC system upgrade. Some HVAC systems can last for 10 to 15 years, but they can’t last forever. Make a plan now to avoid last-minute pressure when your system takes its final bow. The Service Experts Advantage Program™ can help. It brings you a new high-efficiency home comfort system with no up-front charges. As an added bonus, the program also has free maintenance and repairs.
Keep track of your monthly energy bills and take note when they dramatically change. Your electricity bills can tell you more than your monthly charges. If you’re seeing a steady climb in your bills but no difference in home comfort, something is definitely happening with your equipment. A new high-efficiency system can give you peace of mind with more reliable energy usage—and that means fewer unknown amounts on your bill.
Act when you detect a weird noise from your home comfort system. That noise is more than irritating. It demonstrates something is amiss with your machinery. Even if it’s a relatively small trouble, left without professional help it could make for a high-priced repair down the road. Don’t try to work on it yourself. Leave it to the professionals to check out and set it right.
Your HVAC can cost you big when you don’t maintain it. If you apply these tips, you could save time, additional costs and frustration. And if your system just isn’t doing its job anymore, consider choosing one through the Service Experts Advantage Program. It can find you a new energy-efficient system with no up-front costs and free maintenance and repairs.
To find out more, give us a call or book an appointment online. We’re happy to help!