It’s cold out there. Most of the country is layering up for some freezing weather. And while the Experts are always ready to help, have a few HVAC and plumbing honey-dos to help you avoid those winter weather emergencies.
- Disconnect exterior water connections.
- Insulate all exposed pipes and outdoor fixtures.
- A slow drip in indoor sinks and bathrooms by exterior walls can keep pipes from freezing.
- Open up cabinets underneath sinks to keep warm air circulating around pipes.
- Keep an indoor temperature of at least 68 degrees (and warmer if possible).
- Get those home heaters ready by testing them for proper operation.
- If you have vents shut in unused rooms, now is the time to open them.
- If your furnace is not operational, contact the Experts for heating repairs or consider a new furnace install.
- Last but not least, give each of your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors a quick check.
Follow these simple tips to keep your HVAC and plumbing warm and working. Then pour yourself some hot cocoa. And, as always, Norrell Service Experts is here for you. If you’ve got questions, concerns or problems, don’t hesitate to call.