We have discussed common air conditioning problems, now we’d like to outline the common heating problems Birmingham homeowners often call Norrell Service Experts about. Although there are quite possibly hundreds of explanations why your Birmingham home’s furnace or heating system may need to be repaired. Below is a list of the top five issues that may cause your furnace or heating equipment to break down:
1. Thermostat breaks resulting in no heat, fan spinning or comfort problems
2. Airflow problems from fan motors, belts and bearings, causing furnace overheating or poor heating control
3. Old and clogged filters resulting in airflow and comfort problems
4. Pilot light or furnace ignition issues, resulting in spotty or no heat
5. Inconsistent maintenance history may cause unanticipated breakdowns, poor comfort or higher energy costs (not to mention homeowner frustration!)
Each of these common issues can be addressed by a professionally qualified, ACE-certified technician. Technicians from Norrell Service Experts can quickly spot the problem area and make the needed repairs. Having a precision tune-up or maintenance plan could prevent practically all heating problems that leaves your home with no heat or low comfort levels. When you get a tune-up, all the components are checked and serviced so they run correctly and at peak efficiency during the heating season. Important items like Carbon Monoxide checks, adequate combustion air, equipment clearances, and equipment safety are also top elements to the tune-up process. Remember – safety first! Never forget that furnaces of any age can pose safety hazards from combustion or gases, especially if a ACE-certified technician has not maintained the equipment on a scheduled basis.
Contact Norrell Service Experts of Birmingham at 205-267-0023 to schedule an appointment today if you would like a technician to check out your furnace system.