Booking yearly AC maintenance is worthwhile.
Tune-ups keep your air conditioner unit in Birmingham working at its best performance while keeping electricity usage down. It also might even help prolong its life expectancy.
While there are several things you can complete on your own, you should work with Experts, like the ones at Norrell Service Experts, for AC examinations and service.
Here are several steps you can complete alone as you prepare for warm weather.
Get Your AC Tune-Up Booked
Spring is a time of rejuvenation, and to many that involves a hefty dose of house, garage and yard freshening. With the toastier weather near, it’s also a fantastic idea to add AC upkeep on that list.
Spring is the best time of year to get your AC unit scrubbed and checked out. Hesitating to turn it on until the first warm day of the season can be risky. If you have to schedule repair or installation, you may be waiting awhile for a technician. And that can become very unbearable.
And for those with allergies, being ahead of the game with a fresh air conditioning system will help provide the finest indoor air quality during pollen season.
Plus, air conditioner maintenance might be a requirement for your unit’s manufacturer warranty or any additional extended warranty.
Can I Do a Tune-Up on My Own?
There are procedures that you can complete to help keep your air conditioner equipment in the top condition:
- Change your air filter. Dirty filters block airflow and could lower your unit’s efficiency. While the replacement timeline depends on the model you install, the U.S. Department of Energy suggests each month or two. This is very important if you deal with allergies or have a cat in your home.
- Lawn upkeep near the outside condenser. Check the area is free of grass, weeds or bushes near your cooling equipment. We advise keeping 2–3 feet of clear area. You should also get rid of any leaves or branches that have dropped into your system, as this could impede airflow.
Let the Professionals Take Care of the Rest
What’s left to accomplish? If you call Norrell Service Experts at 205-267-0023, the initial thing we might do is compliment you for all the tasks you’ve already done. Then our pros begin the finer details. We’ll check your unit and make sure it’s running like it should with these steps:
- Securing electrical connections to deliver reliable cooling.
- Oiling to keep moving pieces working effortlessly and potentially skip breakdowns.
- Flushing the condensate drain line to remove leak-creating mold and blockages.
- Straightening coil fins to stay clear of reduced airflow.
- Cleansing the outdoor coil to get rid of any accumulation from dust and weeds.
- Inspecting controls to make sure your unit is turning on, running and shutting off like it should.
- Assessing the operating temperature parameters to establish your unit has the right refrigeration charge.
If we find problems that involve extra work, we are ready to give you the most economical solution. Locating likely troubles promptly could solve more substantial issues in the future. This also gives you time to plan if your AC is aging.
When you are looking for a new cooling system, our Experts will partner with you to pick the ideal system for your home. We also offer financing to help make your new system fit your budget. No matter what your AC needs are, you can feel good knowing our Experts will take care of your needs.
Prepared to book your service? Call us at 205-267-0023 or schedule an appointment online right away.