Booking yearly AC maintenance is worthwhile.
Checkups keep your air conditioning equipment in Birmingham working at its best performance while keeping electricity usage small. It also might even help lengthen its life cycle.
While there are several things you can complete on your own, you should work with Experts, like the ones at Norrell Service Experts, for AC checks and service.
Here are several steps you can do alone as you prepare for warm weather.
Get Your AC Tune-Up Set
Spring is a time of revival, and to many that entails a hefty dose of indoors, garage and yard sprucing. With the toastier weather approaching, it’s also a great idea to add AC upkeep on that list.
Spring is a great season to get your AC unit freshened and checked out. Hesitating to turn it on until the first sweltering day of the summer can be risky. If you have to have repair or installation, you might be waiting awhile for a tech. And that can turn very unpleasant.
And for those with allergies, being ahead of the game with a freshened air conditioning system will help provide the greatest indoor air quality during pollen season.
Plus, air conditioner maintenance could be a requirement for your unit’s manufacturer warranty or any additional extended warranty.
Can I Do a Tune-Up Alone?
There are methods that you can take to help keep your AC equipment in the top condition:
- Change your air filter. Dirty filters block airflow and could reduce your unit’s efficiency. While the replacement timeline depends on the kind you install, the U.S. Department of Energy suggests each month or two. This is particularly important if you deal with allergies or have a cat in your home.
- Lawn maintenance by the outside condenser. Check there’s not any grass, weeds or bushes by your air conditioning equipment. We advise keeping 2–3 feet of clear area. You should also get rid of any leaves or sticks that have collected inside your system, as this could limit airflow.
Let the Professionals Take Care of the Rest
What’s left to finish? If you call Norrell Service Experts at 205-267-0023, the primary thing we might do is compliment you for all the tasks you’ve already done. Then our pros start the nuts and bolts. We’ll examine your unit and make sure it’s running correctly with these steps:
- Adjusting electrical connections to provide secure comfort.
- Greasing to keep moving components working effortlessly and potentially skip issues.
- Flushing the condensate drain line to clear leak-inducing mold and obstructions.
- Straightening coil fins to stay clear of limited airflow.
- Cleansing the outdoor coil to eliminate any blockage from dust and weeds.
- Checking controls to make sure your unit is switching on, running and turning off correctly.
- Checking the operating temperature parameters to establish your equipment has the right refrigeration charge.
If we uncover problems that involve additional service, we are ready to give you the most cost-effective solution. Locating likely troubles promptly may solve more substantial troubles in the future. This also gives you time to plan if your system is getting older.
When you are looking for a new cooling system, our Experts will work with you to find the ideal unit for your home. We also offer financing to help make your new system work for your budget. No matter what your AC needs are, you can have peace of mind knowing our Experts will take care of your needs.
Prepared to request your service? Call us at 205-267-0023 or schedule an appointment online now.