What are the Advantages of Tankless Water Heaters?
With Earth Day right around the corner, you may be inundated with recommendations to help “save the earth”. Well guess what? We’re here to give you some more, but for a good reason. Not only is a tankless water heater great for the earth, it can cut the cost of your energy bills and outlast your standard tank heater. Seriously! We collected the leading reasons you should purchase a tankless water heater.
- Refunds – Although the initial price can seem a bit discouraging, qualifying tankless water heaters come with a federal tax rebate of an estimated $300.
- Continuous Flow – You know the feeling. The stabbing pain of frigid water pelting against your skin when the hot water runs out and you’re still showing. Your cold showers could be over! Tankless water heaters do away with that issue altogether because the hot water NEVER. RUNS. OUT.
- Lifespan – Tankless water heaters can last five to ten years longer than old, inefficient tank water heaters. So not only will the government help you out with the cost, you don’t have to replace them as quickly, which also saves you money.
- Efficiency –Tankless water heaters only need the exact amount of energy to heat the quantity of water you’re using, so they don’t waste energy heating water needlessly. This incredible tidbit can save you nearly 20% off your water heating bill. They also need less space since they can be installed on walls (or outdoors as long as you have an anti-freeze kit) and smaller tankless water heaters can even be placed under cabinets or in closets.
- No Flooding – No tank, no tank to rupture, no flooding. Although a leak is possible as with any plumbing appliance or instrument, tankless water heaters won’t flood or cause water damage the way 40 gallons of water stored in a tank waiting to be used will.
- So Fresh, So Clean – Since tankless water heaters don’t keep water in a tank, you always have pure, clean water that isn’t held in a tank, which could have accumulated rust and scale.
If all these wonderful reasons haven’t convinced you that a tankless water heater is the best option for your home, call Norrell Service Experts today for a no-charge in-home analysis. We are here to make sure you decide on the best water heating system for your needs to we’ll explain your options, advise you of all the facts, and be ready when you’ve made your choice.